Green drain is used in outlet connections of floor drain bodies or inside of floor drain strainers to seal the opening to prevent odors, sewer gases, and insects from entering the floor drain grate. The green Drains four flexible silicone selling ribs ensure easy installation into openings with variations in size. The green drain will open to allow drainage and close when there is no water flow. The Green Drain can be used in either new construction or retrofit applications where trap primers were never installed.
Green Drain™ reduces exposure to hazardous sewer gases and disease-causing pathogens that harbor within drain lines and plumbing systems. This eco-friendly, preventative solution leads to improved outcomes for worker & patient health, while simultaneously exceeding the lifespan of traditional chemical applicants that harm the environment. How does Green Drain work?
The Green Drain Prevents-
- Odors and sewer/radon gasses.
- Insects and harmful pathogens spread.
- Increases indoor air quality.
- Protects public health.
- Green technology.
- Helps in LEEDS Certification.
- One-way drain valve.
- Ease of installation.
- Does not impair the flow rate.
- Does not impair plumbing maintenance.
- Provides sewage back-flow protection.
- Universal Plumbing Code Certified.